In this issue of Commercial Fisheries News:
• Profile. John Peabody: In it for the long haul.
• CFN Shakedown Cruise. Chris Kelsey’s new Crowley 36.
• A visit with Bill Putnam of Yale Cordage. From purse seiner to company president.
• Wheel Watch. Spencer Thompson’s Maxed Out: Let there be headlights.
And from Joyce Rowley:
• Update on provisions to protect right whales.
• NOAA Fisheries scoping changes to HMS pelagic longline fishery, including possible revisions to “weak hook” rules.
• Omnibus EFH Amendment 2 now in place; new HMA taking effect, FW29 to scallop in CAI pending.
• Dr. Bill DuPaul honored with New England council’s Janice M. Plante Award for Excellence.
And, of course:
Brian Robbin’s Bearin’s; CFN’s Lobster Market Report; Council Happenings; Shop Talk from around the waterfront; and the industry’s best-read Classifieds.
To get the complete May 2018 Issue of CFN on your desktop or mobile device, you’ll need to purchase the Online Access Key.
Quickly enjoy FULL ACCESS with our
Hi-DEF Interactive Flip-Book.
• BUY a Single PRINT edition of CFN that is delivered by MAIL.
> PRINT EDITION <
• SAVE BIG when you > SUBSCRIBE! <
• Shop the > Online ARCHIVE<
(Read online flip-book immediately with purchased access key and download a copy for yourself to keep.)