In this issue of Commercial Fisheries News:
• Kristan Porter. Q&As with the MLA’s new president.
• CFN Shakedown Cruise. Ron Weeks’ new Calvin Beal 42.
• Maine lobster landings. 2017 landings dip as expected, still top 100 million lbs.
• Wheel Watch. Taylored Boats revives Willis Beal model line.
• Awards and photo gallery from this year’s Maine Fishermen’s Forum.
Also, from Joyce Rowley:
• North Atlantic shortfin mako scoping document goes out for public comment; drastic action required to stop overfishing.
• NOAA Fisheries scoping changes to HMS pelagic longline fishery, including possible revisions to “weak hook” rules.
• River herring, shad catch caps close mackerel, mid-water trawl Atlantic herring fisheries early
• Sea Changes by Melissa Waterman. CFN debuts a new column.
And, of course:
• Brian Robbin’s Bearin’s; Council Happenings; Off Course; Shop Talk from around the waterfront; Open Mic; and the industry’s best-read Classifieds.
ALSO INSIDE THIS ISSUE: NOAA FISHERIES NAVIGATOR (Read Here)
To get the complete APRIL 2018 Issue of CFN on your desktop or mobile device, you’ll need to purchase the Online Access Key
• Quickly enjoy FULL ACCESS with our Hi-DEF Interactive Flip-Book.
>PURCHASE ONLINE EDITION<
• BUY a Single PRINT edition of CFN that is delivered by MAIL.
• SAVE BIG when you >SUBSCRIBE!<
• Shop the >Online ARCHIVE<
(Read online flip-book immediately with purchased access key and download a copy for yourself to keep.)